To be considered for an Educational Scholarship, an individual must be a Colorado High School graduating senior and accepted for enrollment at an accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
Club Responsibilities for Sponsoring A Scholarship Applicant
- The reasoning behind a Lions Club sponsoring the applicant is to form a basis to meet these young people and their parents or to go to the schools and meet the school counselor with the intent of promoting Lionism. This will give you an opportunity to introduce yourself and possibly your club to them.
- In the event your applicant should receive one of the four scholarships, the Endowment Scholarship Funds asks that the sponsoring Lions Club, if possible, pay for the student and one parent's meal at the State Convention's Saturday Night Banquet when they receive their certificates.
- Endowment Scholarship Fund Trustee would like to recognize your club for its support of the program during this time.
- There is no limit as to the number of scholarship applicants a club may sponsor.
- A personal essay of introduction stating your present and future goals.
- Tell how your participation in a community service activity affected you.
- A brief description of your work experience and/or community service activities while attending high school.
- Briefly describe reasons for applying for this scholarship including, but not limited to financial need.
- Letters of recommendation from 3 individuals (such as teachers, coaches, clergy, employer, etc.).
- List any awards, achievements, sports activities or positions held during high school years.
- Certified copy of High School Transcript.
- SAT or ACT score.
- Name of Lion Club sponsoring you.
- Applications must be signed to be accepted.
Email the signed application, a copy of High School Transcript, Letters of Recommendation and the sponsoring Lions Club Letter of Support to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional questions, email email@example.com